Welcome to Trails and Tamaracks Forum

Please view our FAQ section if this is your first visit. In order to make any post on this website, you must register an account or log in. To view a bulletin, select the forum you want to visit from the options below.

March 24, 2012 9:08 PM Report Post | PM User
BlackieWolf
Tamarack Climber

What's the big deal?

I'm not an ice fisher and have never really seen the thrill of sitting in a little shack in the middle of a frozen lake for hours but in the spirit of keeping an open mind maybe others can tell me what they like about it.
Quote Quick Reply!
April 12, 2012 5:12 PM Report Post | PM User
BowBunny
New Trail Seeker

You know, depending on the weather, ice fishing can be fun. I don't fish myself, but my family does have a cottage on the lake and we put out a fish hut every year. You get the snow mobiles out there with a charcoal BBQ with some good friends and family and make a day of it. Its really fun when some one has a "fish on" and you watch all these guys running to the hole to see the catch. Inside our hut, we have pictures of some of our catches but every catch is written on the wall with the date and time and who caught the fish. It's like a huge scrapbook on the walls. There is no need to sit inside a hut the whole time, unless you are the die hard fisherman that just needs to put a line in.
Quote Quick Reply!