Welcome to Trails and Tamaracks Forum

Please view our FAQ section if this is your first visit. In order to make any post on this website, you must register an account or log in. To view a bulletin, select the forum you want to visit from the options below.

March 03, 2012 11:42 AM Report Post | PM User
tylerjca
Tamarack Climber

What is Geocaching

Ummm... what is geocaching? I would really like to know. My spell check on Firefox doesn't even have it, it's trying to auto-correct to "teaching"
Quote Quick Reply!
March 24, 2012 8:31 PM Report Post | PM User
TamarackDave
Trail Moderator

Geocaching is a world wide, high tech, scavenger hunt. People all over the world have hidden "caches" and posted their coordinates on the internet. There are even caches on the ocean floor for divers to find. The contents of the caches can very widely but it's very common to find a guest book to sign and something you can take with you as long as you replace it with something of equal value. These objects can end up traveling more then any person could and all you need to find then is a GPS. Geocaching has become very popular and there has long been one website guiding the whole thing. Like a lot of sites you need to pay to become a premium member and have access to all the features of the site. There are several sites that are trying to keep it totally free, one of these is opencaching.com.
David Richardson
www.trailsandtamaracks.ca
Quote Quick Reply!
March 28, 2014 10:24 AM Report Post | PM User
tylerjca
Tamarack Climber

I realize this is a very delayed response, but thanks for the info!!
Quote Quick Reply!
March 28, 2014 10:51 AM Report Post | PM User
tdwebdesign
Trail Moderator

Haha wow, 2 years later, yeah I'd say that's a delayed response. Have you done any Geocaching at all, tylerjca?
TDWebDesign
Web Design for small business
http://www.tdwebdesign.ca
Quote Quick Reply!